(THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION WAS TAKEN FROM THE NEW ENGLAND CHAPTER OF THE INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY OF AGRICULTURE WEBSITE)
March 14-16, 2014
Hosted By: New England Chapter
& Mark Przekurat
Location: Renaissance Acres
99 Mt. Dearborn Road
Dates: Friday, March 14th -
Sunday, March 16, 2014
Jim Fiorentino & More!
This is a three day non-stop, action packed, hands-on arborist rope splicing training.
We will cover the most common rope products in our industry, from hollow-braid to
double-braid to 24 strand to rigging & rope tools. How to identify it, inspect it and
expand your mind with what can be made from it!
Our goal is to make you a safer, more productive arborist by increasing your
awareness of professionally spliced tools. Remember the ANSI Z133 makes your
safety...your responsibility. Isn’t it time you spent a couple of days becoming
intimately familiar with the tools that you trust your life with....every day?
What can you expect to get out of this class?
- Expert instruction from a seasoned tree care company owner, Mark Przekurat,
of Renaissance Acres Tree Care
- Jim Fiorentino, expert splicer from Shelter Tree Care Products.
- You will walk away with a thorough understanding of how and why splices
work, how to inspect your splices and how and why rope tools fail.
- Printed splicing instruction manuals will be provided to all attendees.
- You will gain the hands on experience of creating your own professional, safe
splices. A valuable skill that gives you more control over your work
environment by allowing you to create your own custom tools to accomplish
your work safer and more efficiently. You will be working with hollow braid, 16-
strand, 24-strand, & high modulus fibers.
- You will receive your own rope for splicing and hardware for rope tools.
- Your sample splice will be sent out for destruction testing and results emailed
- A beginners splicing tool-kit will be available for purchase at the class for an
- Hardware (biners, snaps, rings etc.) will be available for purchase.
- Meet new people and swap ideas with other splice-happy, like-minded
- On-site lodging starts for those early birds on Thursday, at 4pm, but also
please stay Friday and Saturday (included but bring your sleeping bag, pillow,
sleeping pad & towel).
- Breakfast and lunch are also included and provided on-site to allow more
- Dinner will be your responsibility for Thursday and Friday. (There is an
excellent gourmet pizza place close-by). A home style meal will be served on
- Workshop questions call Mark Przekurat at 603-529-0874
- Registration questions call Heather Leff at 978-844-0441
Schedule of Events
- Thursday: Flexible check-in after 4pm (please contact Mark to let him know
when you will arrive)
- Friday: 8-5pm - Splicing Instruction
- Saturday: 8-5pm - Splicing Instruction
- Sunday: 8-Noon - Finishing your projects
SPONSORS or BECOME A SPONSOR - Call Heather at 978-844-0441
- New England ISA
- Renaissance Acres Tree Care
- Shelter Tree
COST: Before February 21st
NEC-ISA Members: $300.00 Non-Members: $335.00 (includes a 1 year NEC-ISA
After February 21st:
Members: $350.00 Non-Members: $385.00 (includes a 1 year NEC-ISA Membership)